Thursday, June 18, 2015

Getting Wild

For this week, the Stampendous theme is "Let's Go Wild"!  Today, I am also posting as part of the Dreamweaver Thursday, but, of course, using this theme.  

This card was made using three different stencils: LJ 915 Opto CheckerboardLM 2004 Lizard and LS 1004 You & Me.  First, I patted the back of the checkerboard stencil with a little Black Soot Distress Ink and then tapped most of it off with a damp cloth.  I embossed white card stock using my Cuttlebug.  I put the stencil, clean side down, on the A Plate and then layered it with the card stock, Stamping Details Rubber Embossing Mat and the two B Plates.  It created a sort of sketchy looking background.  I embossed both of the lizards the same way, except I used color coated aluminum (medium blue and black) instead of the card stock.  Just to make the color differences more dramatic, I "poufed out" the metal by working on the back with the ball tool from the beginners metal tool set, and then the front using the deer foot tool (also from the beginners kit).  This "poufing" was just a little extra on my part, and not entirely necessary.  You could just skip to the next step, which is lightly sanding the tops of the lizards.  Then, I used my fine tipped scissors to cut around the images.  For the saying, I pasted with the Glossy White Embossing Paste on some teal card stock.  While the paste was still wet, I threw a little Crystal Glitter on it.  When everything was completely dry, I assembled the card.
Check out the other responses to the Let's Go Wild Theme:
Stampendous Blog (main blog link)


9 comments:

  1. Very cool card Laura! Love the metal lizzards and your clever way of mounting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura this is amazing! What a neat metal design on the lizards and the embossed background is so cool. Thank you for sharing your Dreamweaver project with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card reminds me of when I lived in Florida and Hawaii. I used to see lizards everywhere, fun to chase, not so easy to catch! The little buggers are lightening fast!! Love the metal colors you used and the embossing. You always do such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lizards! These are so cool the way you did them in metal. You had me fooled. I thought the background was metal too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOVELOVELOVE everything about this fantabulous card!!! The metal lizards. the background and the colors!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, your card is wonderful, you have talent and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a great card. Love the metal look. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lizards and the texture of this card.

    ReplyDelete